2013 was a glorious year for me. I’ve always said 13 is my lucky number – I grew up at No. 13, and it’s always seemed auspicious, so 2013 felt like the year to do the big things. And I did.
In 2013 I:
- Shed the weight I didn’t want, and, with it, a far heavier weight of issues with food, self and negativity. It sounds so strange, so cliche, but there’s no other way to put it. I learnt a lot about my body, and my brain.
- Moved not only house, but home, home home, to London, where I grew up, to a place I imagined living as a child, but never dreamt, as an adult, I could actually happen to inhabit.
- Completed, edited and self-published The Pulse, my first novel, and felt an infinite sense of delight and accomplishment at having done so.
- Got a job in a place I love, doing something I love, being around fantastic and inspirational things, people and history, all day, most days.
- I had a beautiful summer in Sweden with friends and, really, family. I spoke more Swedish than ever before.
There are many things I didn’t do so much. I didn’t write so much, not from June onwards, I didn’t blog much, journal much, or create much. I didn’t read much or watch many films. I didn’t even keep up with TV. I didn’t exercise as much as I wanted, in the ways I wanted to. But, I feel I made the most of the time… It’s been hard this year in new ways, in good ways, in brave and exciting and challenging ways, relying on things working out, and having it all be just so time and again. I’ve had great fortune and great joy this year. And I go into 2014 with hope and heart and excitement, and a lot of great new things to try and be and do and become.
Next year, I intend to say more, about more. Do stick around, and thanks for reading ❤